Prince George – Three new overhead changeable message signs valued at over $1 million have been installed at key locations on highways in the Prince George area. These signs will help motorists make informed travel decisions before heading out of town.
- Highway 16 travelling west from Prince George near Jensen and Jutland Road.
- Highway 16 travelling east from Prince George at Foreman Road.
- Highway 97 travelling north from Prince George at Christopher Road.
“Providing travellers real-time information about current weather conditions is valued by all those who share the road. This makes travel safer for families and commercial users.”
- Prince George-Mackenzie MLA Pat Bell
“Changeable message signs save drivers time, and can also save lives. It is important to have these in areas with adverse weather conditions and for us to have three more is an incredible value to our community.”
- Prince George-Valemount MLA Shirley Bond
- The signs provide real-time information to travellers.
- In conjunction with our @driveBC twitter feed and the www.driveBC.ca mobile site, we are ensuring that travellers have the necessary information to make informed decisions when planning their trips.